Last term Year 10 students were introduced to our new careers website and its various features including a career investigator and self-explorative quizzes.
For the last four weeks they have been learning about their pathway options after Year 10. Which are, until they reach 17 years of age:
- Remain at school for Years 11 and 12 (here or another school)
- Enrol in a VET qualification at TAFE or another RTO
- Take up an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Take up full time paid work (average of 25 hours per week)
- Combination of education or training and paid work
Last Friday Year 10 Subject Selection booklet was live – Click Here for them to read through.
In the coming weeks Year 10 will receive an introduction to the online course selection platform, and next term parents and students will be invited to our Subject Selection Information Evening on Thursday 21 with an optional sit down meeting with Leaders of Learning to go through student choices the following week. More information will be emailed directly to parents in the coming weeks.
Year 12 Alternative Entry Pathways Webinar for Parents & Students
Tuesday 19 July 6pm to 7pm
University Admission Centre – Talking SRS and EAS
Early entry and alternative pathways:
University of Newcastle
Australian Catholic University
Return to Newsletter