PHONE:(02) 4321 6400 ENROL NOW
The Music Faculty is located on the 1st floor of the Br M D Shanahan Learning Centre and has the use of the following facilities.
- 2 dedicated music classrooms with large rehearsal stage areas and instruments for in class performance and demonstration.
- A third music/general purpose classroom to be utilised a large rehearsal space for concert band rehearsals (containing a full band setup – including guitar/bass/keyboard instruments/amps and acoustic drum kit).
Each of the dedicated music rooms contain the following equipment:
- 26 Computers connected to MIDI keyboards to be utilised with our notation software (Finale and Sibelius), as well as industry standard sequencing software (Acid Music). Musition 5 and Auralia 5 are utilised for theory based work.
- Sound recording equipment (to record performances/compositions).
- 2 Flat screen televisions to display lesson information and demonstrate software applications.
- LED lighting to make practical lessons even more dynamic.
- 26 Acoustic guitars to cater for every student.
- 6 rehearsal rooms containing: PA (mixer desk and speakers), practice amplifiers, electric/acoustic guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, electric drum kits.
- Brass, woodwind and various string instruments (available for concert band students participating in school musical concerts and productions on a loan basis).
- Access to 190 seat theatre for large group lessons (e.g. guitar and djembe drums) and performance based activities.
Music classes also have access to the 190 seat theatre for large group lessons (e.g. guitar and djembe drums) and performance based activities.