The St Edward’s Parents and Friends Network has four broad and basic aims:
- To encourage communication between parents and the College
- To assist the College through the contribution of labour and other resources
- To meet other parents in a social environment
- To be a better parent through contact with other parents
The network aspires to achieve these aims through monthly meetings and forums held at the College. Meetings are conducted in a relaxed and informal atmosphere and all suggestions and comments are welcomed. All new parents to the College are encouraged to participate in the activities offered by the Parents and Friends or to simply utilise the channels of communication. Further information is available by contacting the president of the Parents and Friends through the College Office.
Examples of some of the activities and achievements of the Parents and Friends Network:
- Donates funds raised to the College to assist in the purchase of essential items
- Conducts information nights on a range of topics and interests
- Organises and runs school discos with St Joseph’s Catholic College.