This reflection will provide the basis for the discussion at the Online Learning Conferences which will be held on Wednesday April 28 (Term 2 Week 2) and Thursday May 13 (Term 2 Week 4). The purpose of these conferences is to allow the boys to articulate how they believe they are progressing in each course and where they may need some further assistance to bring about improvement. This approach is designed to encourage boys to take greater responsibility for their learning and to establish goals for ongoing improvement. It will also be a good opportunity to discuss the Mid-Course assessments for Year 12 and the interim reports for Years 7-11. It is the expectation that all students participate in this online meeting with their parents and that bookings are made at times when students and parents can both attend.
Parents will be able to book appointments for either of the evenings that suit. Please note that conferences will be available for bookings between the hours of 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm and all conferences will be of seven (7) minutes duration. To ensure that students can get home on time, timetabled classes will end at the completion of Period 4 (1:20 pm) and students will be permitted to leave the College early under the following guidelines:
- Only students who have prior online permission from their parents/carers will be permitted to leave the College early.
- Students are not permitted to catch public buses prior to 3:15 pm. Students must be either picked up by their parents/carer or walk home. Seniors who have the normal appropriate permissions in place can drive home.
- If you wish to give permission for your son to leave early, complete the brief online permission form below for each of your sons at St Edward’s.
- Parents are asked to complete the online permission form by 9:00 am Monday 26 April. Please note: Handwritten notes, emails or permission over the telephone will not be accepted.
The Learning Conference bookings will be managed through an internet-based booking system called Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO). It will save time for parents, staff, and students. Using this system, you will be able to book the conference times that suit you best. The teachers will then contact students at the scheduled time via a Microsoft Teams meeting. This will mean that parents and students will need to be available at booked times with Microsoft Teams open on a device. This process will be explained to students and the process for student reflection will be further explained to students in their classes.
Access to the system will be available from Wednesday 21 April at 7.00 pm and will be closed off for bookings the day before interviews.
Please see below for the Parent Teacher On-Line link and further instructions
If you encounter any problems using PTO, please contact the school office on 4321 6400.
Please follow these steps to access the system:
- Click here to go to the PTO website
- Click on ‘Obtain PIN/Password’ (you will need to supply your email address)
- Enter your email address and click on “Send Email”
- Check your email in-box for your login details or click on the link in the email
- Go back to the PTO website, login with the details supplied via email
- Follow the online instructions to complete the bookings.
- Please note that in Step 1 of the booking process you will need to select the start date and time by scrolling through the drop-down menu until you reach your desired start time.
For additional information please click on the link below