Over 1700 secondary school athletes converged on Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre from the 27th-30th September for the 2018 2XU NSW All Schools Track & Field Championships; the state championships for secondary school athletes.
The event incorporates athletes from all sectors of the school system, including Government, Catholic and Independent, and has a long and rich history in NSW.
St Edward’s had several students compete in the championships, achieving some outstanding results:
- Keenan White U12 – 5th 1500m Final
- Gabe Scott U14 – 4th 2000m Steeplechase Final and 14th 3000m
- Ikey Allen U14 – 8th 100m Hurdles
- Cameron Steer U15 – 2nd 100m Final, 5th 200m Final and 8th Long Jump
- Sean Rae U15 – 7th 800m Final and 7th 1500m Final
- Tom Herbert U15 – 5th 800m Final and 7th 400m Final
- Luke Jacobs U17 – 7th 400m Hurdles Final
- Callum Sutton U17 – 3rd Hammer Throw and 4th Discus
Cameron, Luke and Callum have all now achieved ‘National Qualifiers’ for the Australian Junior Athletics Championships.
Cameron has also qualified and will be competing in the Australian All Schools Championships (Friday 7 – Sunday 9 December) in Cairns, Queensland.