Owen Bradstreet and Wilheim Hieber have put together a short video to share with our community, see below
This is for all the fathers, partners, brothers, sons and mates in our lives, because they’re dying too young, and it doesn’t have to be like this. The stats below should fuel your fire and remind the men you love of the health risks they face and what they can do about it.
- In Australia, men are dying 4 years earlier than women, and for largely preventable reasons.
- Men account for 3 out of 4 suicides.
- Suicide is the leading cause of death among Aussie men aged 15-44.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer before they’re 85.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young Aussie men.
We encourage all students, staff and our community to sign up to the St Edward’s Team by clicking on the following link or searching for the St Edward’s Team on the Movember website. Students are encouraged to raise a minimum of $20 and will also gain Waterford Hours https://movember.com/t/st-edwards-college-east-gosford?mc=1
A big thank you to Owen and Wilheim, Mrs Emmett and Mr Friend for helping put this together for the boys. Thanks for your support of this student led initiative.