The College Swimming Team headed down to SOPAC, Homebush to contest the Broken Bay Carnival.
The day was a tremendous success with the Eddies team achieving some fantastic individual and team results. Highlights for the day included:
- St Edward’s being crowned Junior (12-14), Intermediate (15-16) and Senior (17+) Division
- Ashton Walters (Under 16) and Daniel McLoughlin (17+) named Age Champions
- Winning the Junior Medley, Intermediate Freestyle and Medley; and the Senior Freestyle and Medley Relays.
- The Senior 4x50m Freestyle Relay team of Ryan Green, Taine Beavis, Nick Green and Daniel McLoughlin breaking their record from last year and setting a new Broken Bay Record of 1.42.48 seconds.
- The Senior 4x
50m Medley Relay Team of Ryan Green (Backstroke), Jayden Redfern (Breaststroke), Daniel McLoughlin (Butterfly) and Taine Beavis (Freestyle) setting a new Broken Bay record of 1.56.51 seconds.
- Daniel McLoughlin setting a new Broken Bay record in the 17+ years 50m Butterfly race.
- As a result of these wonderful performances, 17 students from the team will progress to the NSWCCC carnival on Wednesday 6 April at SOPAC, Homebush.
The team consisted of:
Tam Johnson, Tom Barry, Shaylan Bennett, Julian Tagaoi, Tasman Holliday, Eden Pearson, Tahj Regatteri, Taj Probert, Ronnie Jordan, Lachlan Bunney, Cooper Jones, Archie Carpenter, Sam Logan, Nicholas Kearney, Ashton Walters, Daniel McLoughlin, Ryan Green, Taine Beavis, Nick Green, Jayden Redfern, Cashar Darwin, Nathan Irvine.