The boys were great participants, and their competitive nature really shone through with the highly coveted canteen vouchers up for grabs daily.
Our virtual Harry Potter escape room saw the boys working together to solve the puzzles to progress through each online room, and our Sherlock Holmes ‘who dunnit?’ had teams racing around the school to collect clues in order to solve the case – it was Longworth, with the sword, motivated by the manuscript in case you were wondering…
On Wednesday, Tim Selwyn from Girri Girra Aboriginal Experiences came in to share stories and cultural knowledge with the boys. He spoke about Aboriginal men’s business and the importance of being respectful of others and how it is vitally important to listen in order to learn.
On Friday, Book Week finished with a bang with staff and students coming dressed as their favourite book characters. At the assembly Mr Griffin shared a reading from his favourite series ‘Game of Thrones’ by George R R Martin to kick things off and then we celebrated our best dressed students with prizes. The photobooth was one of the highlights of the week and it was great to see staff and students embrace their inner child and have some fun all in the name of reading for pleasure.
Thank you to all the staff and students who were involved in creating games and promoting Book Week and a special thank you to all who came dressed up – it created a wonderful atmosphere.
Congratulations to our competition winners:
- Monday: Jett Heaney, Tom Roth, Mason Potter, Flynn Zammit and Hudson Sky
- Tuesday: Tom Barry and Billy Fennell
- Wednesday: Harry Evans, Phelix de Vries and Ike Diffin
- Thursday: Ben Stewart, Jivesh Shonak, Abhishek Thomas (with the assistance of Mr Le Page and Miss Nowalinski), Keenan White and Max Stride.
- Friday: Luka Coughlan-Berg, Max Bird, Lorenzo Arango, Ben Weisbaum, Matthew Xuereb and Ronan Bishop.
We can’t wait to do it all again next year!
The Library Team