We need boys to be at Adcock Park by 8.45am. We welcome back parents and spectators to our carnival for the first time in a long time.
Any students wanting to compete in the 1500m event need to be at the oval ready to race by 8.30am.
- Normal school buses to and from school will run in the morning/afternoon. Boys from the southern end of the coast will be dropped off near McDonald’s at West Gosford. Students are then required to cross the Central Coast Highway at the pedestrian lights immediately outside McDonalds where a staff member will be stationed to direct them safely across the main road. Please note that students will not be permitted to enter McDonalds to buy food.
- All other students traveling by bus are required to catch their normal bus to the College and they will be directed to make their way to Adcock Park. Staff will be stationed along the way to direct students to the correct and safest crossing points. They will not be permitted to cross at any other points. This is most important for their safety and wellbeing.
- Other students may make their own way to the carnival as appropriate. All students requiring afternoon bus transport will return on foot to the College under the close supervision of staff and catch the afternoon school specials as normal.
- For identification purposes, it is imperative that all St Edward’s students attend the carnival in their College track suit/sports uniform. This is most important so that we can carry out appropriate supervision of all the boys on that day. Senior students who don’t have a sports uniform should wear appropriate sports clothing, possibly in their house colours.
- As maximum participation is the aim of the day, points will be allocated for every student entering an event.
- Boys need to be equally prepared for the weather, especially at this time of the year. There is little protection from the elements at Adcock Park, so boys also need to bring a hat and sun protection cream etc.
- The canteen (snacks and drinks only) will be run on the day and is on a cash only basis. There is no facility for use of flexischool accounts or student cards at Adcock Park.
- The boys are asked not to bring footballs, basketballs or soccer balls with them as there will be no opportunity to use them on the day. The balls can be a hazard on a day such as this.
- It is imperative that no student brings along large sums of money or valuable audio equipment etc. In these situations, it is impossible for the College to take responsibility if any items go missing on the day.
- In the event of obvious inclement weather, boys would need to come to school prepared for the normal Monday timetable. A posting will be listed on the College Facebook page and the College App. No announcement means the carnival will go ahead.
- Currently there are no restrictions therefore parents and carers are permitted at the carnival.
- Parents are asked to stay outside the velodrome throughout the day and support from a distance.
- Feel free to access the canteen and barbeque facilities.
NB: Students will be released at the conclusion of the carnival at approximately 2.15pm.
During the carnival:
- Students will move from event-to-event in their age groups.
At the conclusion of the carnival, with parental carer discretion, students may:
- Be dismissed from Adcock Park to make their own way home. Students who are making their way home will not be permitted to go to McDonalds or any other fast-food outlets, they are to go directly home or
- Senior Students with permission to drive to and from school may drive or
- Return on foot and under supervision to the College to catch the usual bus services.
The cooperation of boys and their families with these guidelines will ensure that it is an enjoyable day for all in attendance. Under normal circumstances the carnival should conclude by 2.15pm. No boys will be permitted to leave the oval before that time. I would ask that parents cooperate in not asking for their sons to leave before that time.