Significant teaching opportunity to commence Term 3, 2017
The successful candidate will be an innovative practitioner with experience teaching PDHPE across Stages 4 – 6, and will work within a team of professional staff in a technology-rich learning environment. Ability and qualifications to teach Certificate II Sports Coaching (Cert IV Training and Assessment/Coaching qualifications) will be considered an advantage. Applicants must have demonstrable ICT skills, be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the community and be willing to participate in the co-curricular life of the College.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing at the beginning of Term 3, 2017. Applicants will be subject to Employment Screening as required by the Child Protection Act.
Applicants are asked to provide:
- A letter outlining reasons for your interest in the position. (1 page)
- A statement addressing the requirements below. (Please limit your response to no more than 4 pages)
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of and commitment to the ministry of the Catholic school
- An excellent knowledge of the PDHPE courses across Stages 4 to 6
- Demonstrated competence and confidence in the use of ICT in classroom teaching and learning
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to engage boys using teaching strategies to cater for a variety of learning styles
- Sound classroom management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with staff and make a positive contribution in PDHPE
- Ability and willingness to contribute to co-curricular activities
- Ability and qualifications to teach Certificate II Sports Coaching (Cert IV Training and Assessment/Coaching qualifications)
Applications via email only (with 2 referees including current employer) by the closing date of 3 pm Monday 29 May 2017.
St Edward’s College, Gosford