The Music Faculty is located on the 1st floor of the Br M D Shanahan Learning Centre and has the use of the following facilities.
- 2 dedicated music classrooms with large rehearsal stage areas and instruments for in-class performance and demonstration.
- A third music/general purpose classroom utilised for large rehearsal space for concert band rehearsals (containing a full band setup – including guitar/bass/keyboard instruments/amps and acoustic drum kit).
Each of the dedicated music rooms contain the following equipment:
- 26 Computers connected to MIDI keyboards to be utilised with our notation software (Finale and Sibelius), as well as industry standard sequencing software (Acid Music). Musition 5 and Auralia 5 are utilised for theory based work.
- Sound recording equipment (to record performances/compositions).
- 2 Flat screen televisions to display lesson information and demonstrate software applications.
- LED lighting to make practical lessons even more dynamic.
- 26 Acoustic guitars to cater for every student.
- 6 rehearsal rooms containing: PA (mixer desk and speakers), practice amplifiers, electric/acoustic guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, electric drum kits.
- Brass, woodwind and various string instruments (available for concert band students participating in school musical concerts and productions on a loan basis)
Music classes also have access to the 190 seat theatre for large group lessons (e.g. guitar and djembe drums) and performance based activities.