The College embraces the philosophy of anytime, anywhere access to digital resources and accomplishes this by ensuring the infrastructure is well ahead of trends and by having a dedicated technology support team. The College is wireless enabled to 95% of the campus.
St Edward’s College has 200 desktop computers, 650 laptops and 90 iPads across the campus. Every classroom in the College is equipped with data projectors enabling staff to engage students with an ever expand e-learning curriculum.
St Edward’s College students and staff have access to a large variety of applications available on every desktop and notebook, these include:
- Microsoft Office suite, Cloud services from Office 365, Google Docs
- Adobe Creative Suite which includes: Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash Professional
- Clickview which is a collection 1300 digital video resources accessed via any desktop or notebook promoting individual learning
- 50 dedicated applications for all key learning areas including Music, Technology and Applied Studies, English, Maths, PD/H/PE, Science, Drama and Visual Arts.
- Student Portal providing access to daily management tools
The College has an internal intranet for students and staff. The intranet provides useful links, resources and updates about events in the College. St Edward’s College also utilises moodle, which is an e-learning software platform. Moodle provides staff and students with an easy method of electronic communication both in school and at home.
Our Parent Portal encourages parents and carers to participate in their son’s education, with access to view homework, assignmnet, academic reports and many other features.