Respect for Ourselves
- Work to the best of my ability and hand in all work on time
- Be in the right place at the right time
- Be punctual and attend all classes/activities
- Have all necessary equipment, including a diary and PE uniform
- Wear the correct uniform at all times
Respect for Others
- Be well mannered at all times
- Solve differences without abuse, either verbal or physical
- Do not prevent others from learning
- Move around the school in a quiet, safe and orderly manner
Respect for Property and the Environment
- Do not litter, steal or vandalize
- Do not eat or drink in the classroom
Punctuality and Absence
Students are expected to be on time for school. When a student is late, they must bring a note explaining the reason for the lateness and hand it in at the Office where a Late Pass will be issued which will then be shown to the class teacher. When a student is absent, parents should telephone, email or SMS the College on the first day of absence, or a written note must be supplied upon return to the Home Room teacher.
Students who need to leave the College due to an appointment must obtain a leave pass from the Pastoral Care Coordinator before school. A letter of explanation needs to be presented. The pass is then presented to the office where the Office staff will sign the student out.
A uniform slip needs to be obtained from the Pastoral Care Coordinator when full uniform cannot be worn. A letter of explanation needs to be presented. On Fridays, if full sports uniform cannot be worn, a student needs to wear his normal uniform to school and get changed at the venue.
Out of Bounds
Some areas of the school have been declared as ‘out of bounds’ and students are not permitted in these areas.
- A classroom without a teacher
- Stairwells and verandahs (in wet weather the verandahs may be used)
- The area around Mona Vale, in front of the ERC, all roads, doors/stairwells or other areas marked with a yellow line
- The oval and basketball courts before and after school
- The bush area around the oval
Students are to assemble on the basketball courts to catch afternoon buses. When their bus arrives they are to line up in the appropriate lines from where the teachers will supervise boarding. Students are not permitted to leave this area while waiting for buses.
Students are expected to be courteous to the driver and passengers on the bus and should not force others to give up their seats. Passes should be shown on boarding and may not be lent to another student. Students should be settled on buses and not be rowdy. Students are not permitted to get off the bus before it reaches the College in the morning.
Valuable items, including large sums of money, should be handed into the Office. Wallets should be carried on one’s person and not left in bags. The following are banned from the College:
- Jewellery (except watches)
- Chewing gum
- Cigarettes, matches, lighters
- Alcohol or drugs (except medication)
- Knives, blades or other dangerous items
- Graffiti or its implements
Games are only to be played on the oval or basketball courts, except handball, which may be played in the quadrangle. All games are non-contact. Food is not permitted on the oval.
Students are responsible for all textbooks issued to them and should not lend them to anyone. The student must pay for lost or damaged books. Books needing repair are to be taken to the Bookroom. Students with overdue textbooks will not be issued with any books until the book(s) is (are) returned.