These meetings are now called Learning Conferences and it will be compulsory for students to attend all scheduled meetings with their parents. Please note that Learning Conferences will not go ahead without parent/s being present. Students will be expected to take an active role in leading their parents and teachers through a reflection on their learning in that subject. This reflection must be completed for each subject prior to the meeting. The student, parents and teachers will then discuss some learning goals as they approach the Trial HSC Examination and strategies to address areas of challenge and achieve learning growth. It will also be a good opportunity to discuss the Mid-Course Report that was published to the Parent/Student portal last week.
With the current COVID-19 restrictions, parents are currently not allowed to be onsite for Student/Parent/Teacher conferences. Therefore, these Conferences for Term 2 will be held online as a Microsoft Teams meeting. These Conferences will be held on Tuesday 16th June (Week 8) and Wednesday 24th June (Week 9). They will be for Year 12 only and they will be a good opportunity for students, parents and staff to meet to discuss the progress of students.
Parents will be able to book appointments for either of the evenings that suit. Please note that conferences will commence at 3:30 pm and conclude at 7:00 pm. All interviews will be of ten (10) minutes duration.
The Student/Parent/Teacher conference bookings are managed with an internet-based booking system called Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO). It will save time for parents, staff and students. Using this system you will be able to book the conference times that suit you best.
Access to the system will be available from Wednesday 10th June at 7.00 pm and will be closed off for bookings the day before interviews.
If you encounter any problems using PTO, please contact the school office on 4321 6400.
Please follow these steps to access the system:
- Click here go to the PTO website
- Click on “Obtain PIN/Password” (you will need to supply your email address)
- Enter your email address and click on “Send Email”
- Check your email in-box for your login details or click on the link in the email
- Go back to the PTO website, login with the details supplied via email
- Follow the online instructions to complete the bookings.
- Please note that in Step 1 of the booking process you will need to select the start date and time by scrolling through the drop-down menu until you reach your desired start time.
For additional information please click on the link below
Return to Newsletter