Congratulations to Ben on his selection in the NSWCCC Under 15 Rugby League team, after the two day selection trials at St Mary’s while playing for the SICC team. He will now focus on training with the team before heading to ASSRL Rugby League Championships in Brisbane (June 30 – July 5). This recent selection was Ben’s third selection in NSWCCC Representative teams this year. Having already been selected in the Under 15 Touch Football and Under 16 Rugby Union teams, his selection in the Under 15 Rugby League team has capped off a wonderful achievement and highlighted his tremendous talents. Due to a clash in dates, Ben has withdrawn from the Under 16 Rugby Union team but will be eligible for the team again next year.
The College Athletics Carnival is on next Tuesday 11 June at Adcock Park. This is the day after this weekend’s long weekend.
Students wanting to run in the 1500 m event will need to make their own way there for an 8.30 am start. Students will move from event-to-event in their age groups. The program will include the 200 m races at 9.00 am once all staff and students have arrived and then field events from 9.30 am.
- Southern end of the Coast (Woy Woy, Umina & Kariong) buses will stop near McDonald’s West Gosford lights to drop those students off. Students will then be directed by staff to cross at the lights and then walk across to Adcock Park.
- All other buses will come to school as normal. Students on those buses will then be required to walk across from the College to Adcock Park. Staff will be stationed along the pathway to Adcock Park to direct you.
- Students are to take the most direct path and not cross to Hungry Jacks or the service stations to buy food and drinks.
- Students can also get their own way there.
In the afternoon students return (walk back) to school to catch afternoon buses as normal. Parents can pick-up their sons from the oval at the completion of the carnival 2.15 pm. Students will not be permitted to leave prior to this. If there is an issue – please see Mr Bonnici on the day.
- Rolls will be marked at the carnival
- On arrival at the carnival, students are to sit in their Age Group Area around the velodrome
- Rolls will be marked at each Age Group Area and all students will receive a colour band for their House
- All students in Years 7-10 are required to wear Full Sports Uniform to and from the carnival
- Students in Years 11 and 12 may wear ‘appropriate mufti clothing’
- Students are encouraged to bring clothing to support their House and compete in at the carnival
Fingers crossed that the weather is kind to us. If weather prevents the carnival going ahead, a notification will be placed on the College Facebook page and App around 7.00 am. If it is cancelled – a normal Tuesday Week A timetable will be followed at the College.
Week 6, Term 2
|NSWCCC Tennis Championships||Bathurst Tennis Centre||2-3 June 2019|
|Central Coast Under 14’s Rugby League||Berkeley Vale Oval||6 June 2019|
|BT Cup Round 3 Game vs MacKillop||College Oval||7 June 2019
Kick off 11.30 am
Week 7, Term 2
|College Athletics Carnival||Adcock Park||11 June 2019|
|BBSSSA Open’s Basketball||Gosford City Stadium, Terrigal||13 June 2019|
|Central Coast Under 15 Rugby League||Berkeley Vale Oval||13 June 2019|
|Under 14 and Under 16 Waratah Cup Rugby Union||CCRS Complex Tuggerah||13 June 2019|
|NSWCCC Cross Country||Eastern Creek||14 June 2019|
|Years 9 and 10 Touch State Finals||Kingsway Playing Fields||14 June 2019|
Return to Newsletter