This is a high percentage of athletes from one school representing their diocese and reflects the depth of talent at the College. It was a great day for track and field and the following results show a wide range of talent from the athletes.
- Nate Vaughan: 1500 m, 6:26:37 – 11th
- Oscar Mahoney: 1500 m, 6:31:13 – 12th
- Keanu Wells: Long Jump, 4.40 m – 3rd
The standout athlete of the meet was Jay Clarke who showed great versatility by placing:
- 3rd 200 m, 26:64, 1.1 seconds between 1st and 3rd place!
- 2nd 100 m, 12:90, 0.04 behind 1st
- 1st 400 m, 1:03:15, a new record!
- 2nd Shot Put, 10.06 m.
- Keenan White: 1500 m, 5:02:78 – 8th and 800 m, 2:31:83 – 12th
- Chris Rae: Long Jump, 4.56 m – 11th
- Lincoln Markulin: Javelin, 31.79 m – 3rd
- Noah Nakadawa: 200 m, 25:42 – 10th
- Tom Lawton: 400 m, 56:52 – 2nd
- William Browning: 1500 m, 5:08:78 – 12th
- Gabe Scott: 1500 m, 4:29:88, 3rd
- Hayden Maher: 200 m, 24:86 – 15th and 100 m, 12:17 – 13th
- Toby Armstrong: High Jump, 1.71 m – 2nd
Sean Rae raced the 1500 m of his life sprinting home in second place, gaining on first, only to falter with 30 m to the finish line. Sean had just come back from injury and sickness but managed 4th place with a time of 4:27:86, an amazing effort as he was wheeled off in a wheelchair. Sean therefore had to pull out of his pet event the 800 m.
- Sam Norris: 200 m, 24:68 – 13th
- Aaron Antonio: 100 m, 11:83 – 8th
- Ryan Green: 800 m, 2:09:65 – 3rd
- Tymana Henry: Discus, 28:32 – 8th
- Chris Murray: 800 m, 2:35:38 – 14th
Cameron Steer, a brilliant sprinter, was in form coming into track season.
- 100 m, 11:48 sec – 3rd
- 200 m, 23:56 sec – 4th
- Long Jump, 5.99 m – 3rd
- Cooper Boelhouwer: Triple Jump, 11.20 m – 8th
- James Ryan: High Jump, 1.75 m – 5th
- Ethan Short: 100 m,11:55 – 9th
- Callum Sutton: Discus, 49.70 m – 1st
- Tom Herbert: 800 m, 2:06 – 2nd
Thank you to the parents, guardians, family and friends who came on the day and supported the athletes. The boys were outstanding in their efforts, support for one another and their behaviour. Thank you to Mr Jason Carpenter for his organisation of the team and transport for the day. I have retired from a permanent teaching position at the College and am now relief teaching at the College and I feel blessed to be given the opportunity to be part of the College as a coach/teacher at the sporting events that I attend with the boys of the College.
Mr Tom RistucciaReturn to Newsletter