As they journey through adolescence in this permanently public landscape, dealing with the effects on self-esteem, friendship issues, self-worth and well being can be challenging to say the least.
Join Martine Oglethorpe, a technology expert who is an accredited speaker with the Office of the eSafety Commissioner. Martine has a background in secondary education and a Masters in Counselling.
This webinar will look at how we can best equip our young people to thrive both online and in real life as they grow up immersed in online spaces.
Key learning outcomes from the webinar will include:
- How young people use social media to socialise
- The effects of social media on self-esteem and well being
- How young people can avoid the pitfalls of social media
- Nurturing self-esteem and digital resilience – learning to thrive online
Wednesday 30 October 2019 8:00pm – 9:00pm AEDT.
How you can register
- Click this link: https://www.parentingideas.com.au/parent-resources/parent-webinars/webinar-strengthening-kids-self-esteem-in-a-digital-world
- Click ‘Add to cart’
- Click ‘View cart’
- Enter the voucher code DIGITAL and click ‘Apply’. Your discount of $37 will be applied to the order. This voucher is valid until 30 November 2019.
- Click ‘Proceed to checkout’
- Fill in your account details. These are the details you will use to login to your account and access your parenting material
- Click ‘Place Order’
Return to Newsletter