Col and windy, conditions confronted our Athletics team that headed down to SOPAC Homebush on Monday for the Broken Bay (BBSSSA) Athletics Carnival.
Not to be deterred, our team of 52 athletes went about continuing our dominance at the Broken Bay carnival. Each member contributing to our age group tallies across a wide array of events.
Highlights from the day included:
- Callum Sutton breaking the 17+ Discus record with a throw of 43.18 m
- Luke Jacobs – Age Champion in the 17+ Age Group
- The team placing first in the 12-13 and 16+ years Age Groups and second in the 14-15 years.
- Winning the 12-13, 14-15 and 16+ Relays to cap off a dominant day
- 24 athletes qualifying for the NSWCCC Championships to be held on 21 September. These boys included:
Well done to the whole team on a fantastic result across the day. A big thank you also to Ms Celebrin and Mr Hannelly for enthusiastically coordinating the Long Jump event and Mr Ristuccia for his expert technique and tactical tips provided to our competitors.