The College endeavours to be a living Christian Community through the way in which we treat each other and develop positive relationships through our programmes and practices. A programme of Christian Service through a Social Justice Programme operates through Years 7 to 12.
It is appropriate to infuse all study wherever possible with insights provided by Catholic teachings and values so that knowledge, culture and faith are integrated.
The College welcomes and respects students from other Christian traditions and it is our experience that these students are quite comfortable with the Religious ethos of the College.
When considering enrolment priority, the College Enrolment Committee will examine the following criteria:
- The Catholic boys currently attending Catholic Primary feeder schools
- The Catholic boys currently attending other Catholic primary schools
- The Catholic boys currently attending Government and Non-Government primary schools
- Boys who have a brother/s enrolled at St Edward’s College
- Boys who are sons of ex-students of St Edward’s College
- Boys who are from other Christian denominational tradition known to their faith community
- Boys who are from other Christian denominational traditions
- Boys who are from non-Christian faith traditions
Once the first round of offers has been made to students of Year 7 families, further offers will then be made according to the criteria above.
In general, places that become available after the commencement of the school year will be filled by the student who best suits the place being vacated, eg class numbers, subjects and elective choices.
The Enrolment Committee and College Principal may digress from these guidelines for pastoral reasons.