All students study the following:
- Notation (The Concepts of Music)
- Guitar beginner’s course
- Instruments Around the world
- 20th Century Stage Music
- History of Rock Music (Australian Focus)
- Blues Music
- Guitar extension course
- Music for Radio , TV and Film
What will students learn to do?
In Music, students learn to perform music in a range of musical contexts, compose music that represents the topics they have studied and listen with discrimination, meaning and appreciation to a broad range of musical styles. The study of the concepts of music underpins the development of skills in performing, composing and listening.
Music students in Year 7-8 are provided with a creative environment filled with the latest technology to support their learning needs. All students complete musical tasks and enjoy a wide range of experiences including singing, guitar, keyboards, percussion and computer music.
Three components are assessed throughout the course:
- Performance – Individual and group performances
- Composition – improvisations and computer assisted compositions
- Listening – aural awareness of the concepts of music